Monday, March 28, 2011

Project Ideas

I've long been interested classical music and the historical context surrounding it, particularly the music of Shostakovich. For my project I would like to take a least one piece of classical music (5-15min long) and research the social and political history behind the piece, as well how it connects to modern social and political issues. Then, I would use that information to create a stop-motion visual narrative that would be set to that piece of music. I would use drawing, photography, found objects
and digital effects to create the stop-motion. I collaborated on a similar smaller scale stop-motion in the past. However, for this project, I would focus on how the images relate to the social and political context surrounding the piece of music in addition to the music itself. I envision creating a stop-motion similar to this video, but incorporating aspects of drawing, printing and other mediums beside just photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment